07 April 2010

you need to hear this.

Hell’s bells, friends of the blog. I spoke too soon. Remember that girl we discussed? You know, the one that I don’t really care for, well, she didn’t drop the class. It’s alright, though. It’s nothing I can’t handle.


Anyhow, you know I like to set the scene, and right now, I am sitting in a really cold computer lab and there’s only one other person in here. I’m sitting at the computer in the back left corner of the room and he’s sitting in the back right corner of the room. Do you think that makes him a Republican? Perhaps.


Anyway, it’s April and I always feel sorry for March. We never saw it coming and we hardly notice when it’s left, but I think I made good use of the month. I hope you did, too. And if you didn’t, well, that’s alright.


Okay, I need to tell you about the song that I have now listened to, well, I haven’t been keeping count, but sweet lord, I can’t stop. Do you know the genius that is Justin Vernon? Well, just in case you don’t, he’s great. And you know how you get into those Youtube trances? Well, I do and I just start clicking and listening, especially when I have to sit in this freezing computer lab for what feels like forever.


And it’s a nice escape because there are usually lots of people in here and they all have on blue scrubs. (I’m in the Health Building) And they’re all quite tall. I was in the lobby the other day and it almost felt like I was experiencing a scene in Avatar, but I digress.


Back to the musical discussion:


Well, I knew that Peter Gabriel of “In Your Eyes” fame had covered “Flume,” by Bon Iver [a boss project by Justin Vernon where he hibernated in a cabin in winter and emerged with quite possibly the best thing you’ll ever hear] Anyhow, I had heard the “Flume” cover and I liked it a lot and then, with the wonder that are hyperlinks, I finally discovered a video of Justin Vernon’s cover of “Come Talk To Me,” by Peter Gabriel.




Isn’t that awesome? It’s like musical-cover-tag, and I’m all for it. I could go on all day about Justin Vernon, but my two hours of work with my daily Academic Work Scholarship are about up and I parked in a two-hour spot, so I best be winding it on down, but just know that J. Vernon is rapidly replacing J. Mayer in my heart where I keep my greatest musical loves. And know that’s a major thing for me.


Alright, guys, I have posted the song on here for you. Please listen-on-in and get excited. It’s ridiculous, and in the best-sort-of-way.


I promise I won’t wait super-long to put up another post. I know you get sad when you can’t come on over to the blog and read something great.


Also, I have a quick little story to share with you:


The other day, I was walking into class and there’s a bench outside. On it, there sat a girl. And she had on black pumps, really tight jeans, lots o’ make-up, and two lip rings. They were sort of like punk-rock elephant tusks. Anyway, she was just sitting there and she was holding something. I couldn’t tell you if it was a dog or a cat, but I’m pretty sure it oinked. It was bizarre. And she told it to “hush up.”


Perhaps there is grand significance in that story, perhaps not, but I felt like it needed to be shared. Okay, now, go and listen to that video and feel free to fall in love.


Yours,
katie beth