11 April 2010

xmu > coffee house.

How is it honestly going, good reader of the blog? I sure do hope that things in your life are going well. And I really mean it. Your happiness means the world to me. And, speaking of happiness, the camper is back-in-action.

That’s right. Last night, I once again reconnected with my sleeping bag and let me tell you something: we have really missed each other. It was high time that we got back together.

Anyhow, what I’ve really come here to tell you is that I am listening-in to a new radio station, by way of those satellites. Though I am still in complete love with the Coffee House, it was time for a change. It started to feel like they were playing the same stuff, and it wasn’t the stuff that I really liked. There was this one song called “Magic Marker” by Monsters of Folk that they kept-on playing for what seemed like every single damn second. Don’t waste any minute of your life looking that song up. So not even worth it.

But, anyway, it was time for a change. So, I bumped a few stations down and got real-into a station that they call Sirius XMU. The U may or may not stand for University, and I think that’s what it really does stand for, but it should really stand for Ungodly amounts of greatness. This station is receiving the official stamp of totally and completely boss.

So, I can’t just sit around and enjoy all of these songs that I am currently feelin. I had to share some of them with you. And it’s really exciting to know that I can actually listen to these people outside of the internet and i-tunes. Whoever said that radio is dead needs to turn their ears on over to XMU, because it’s there that they will find a righteous revival.

Alright, I have listed below eleven songs so that you can get a vibe of what I am currently enjoying on this station, on the radio. That’s right, people. ON THE RADIO. It’s incredible that actual good music is getting a little well-deserved air-time. Suck on that, FM.

Okay, here they are:

11. "Cold War (Nice Clean Fight)" The Morning Benders

10. “Quiet Little Voices” We Were Promised Jetpacks

9. “Shadow People” Dr. Dog

8. “81” Joanna Newsom

7. “World Sick” Broken Social Scene

6. “A Little Lost" Arthur Russell

5. “Diplomat’s Son” Vampire Weekend

4. “The High Road” Broken Bells

3. “What a Drag” Bear Hands

2. “Go Do” Jónsi

1. “Bloodbuzz Ohio” The National

Okay, I hope you liked my list, cause I worked real-hard to bring it to you. Actually, not hardly, but I do keep a stack of orange post-its with me, so I can write down the names of songs that I really like. So far, listening to this station for the past three days has successfully filled-up four of those post-its. And that’s pretty impressive.

Now go forth and listen to some of the ones that I posted for you over on that video list to your immediate right. I would have put all of them on here, but that list is starting to get obnoxiously long. I’m gonna have to take some of those off of here. It’s getting to be ridiculous. But you can feel free to go look up the others on your own. They would totally deserve your attention.

Alright, now go get into them. Also, Jónsi is from Iceland. I know, it’s completely awesome.

Yours through the frequencies,
katie beth

wait, there's more: did you like the number one song on that list? Well, get excited because that album (High Violet) is gonna drop into your atmosphere on May eleventh. And here's what it's gonna look like: