13 February 2010

times is hard.

Well, friends, it’s lookin like a few of you out there are feelin the new blog. And let me tell you something: that means the world to me. It’s good to know you’re out there reading. It was brought to my attention that I said a few choice words in that first blog. You must know that I am truly sorry if it offends you, but I wouldn’t put them in there if they didn’t lend their greatness to the story.

Also, I hope this blog finds you having a pleasant day. And know that I want nothing more than to be completely honest with you. What’s going to follow in these blogs will be true stories, real experiences, autobiographical raps, things that happened to me. All true. Bring the rhymes.

[that was a shout out to the good people that watch and listen to the Conchords. If you know what I‘m talking about, you‘re good people. If not, don‘t worry. I‘ll write an entry on bret and jemaine. You‘ll love it.]

Anyway, lately I’ve been noticing something: times is hard and bitches be hatin. Listen, folks, I know that our economic standings are beyond the pits awful. We’re all broke ass poor and feeling pretty darn let down by the whole system. However, I don’t see any reason for us to all be acting so grouchy. That’s right. I said grouchy.

You shoppers at Food City are the worst. A woman was practically right beside me the whole time I was in the store. She stood behind me, huffing and puffing and blowing her breath . really? have we gotten so awful that we can no longer allow a person read the wonderful different flavors available on the boxes of tea bags?

bitches. be. hatin. I can’t tell you the last time that I heard someone say “excuse me.” well, I’ve heard it, it’s just starting to sound sassier and sassier. You know, like, “well, ecUuUuUse ME!”

Stop it. It’s not that hard to show a little decency. Bottom line: I know you’re all feeling low, but let’s make plans to be a little bit nicer for the sake of the greater good. If someone (like myself) makes an effort to hold the door open for you as a sign of my utmost respect for the common stranger, you better say “thanks.” Let’s all practice this together and then we can all …..(wait for it)….. glide on the peace train. [clap, clap, clap]

Cause I really have been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come.
And I believe it could be, something good has begun.




Yours,
katie beth


No comments:

Post a Comment