17 February 2010

brace yourself, for tears are sure to follow.

Readers, a sad thing has certainly occurred. As previously stated in a past post, my ipod shuffle went missing. Whether or not it was the works of a klepto-ghost, well, that I still don’t know. All I know is that I have torn this place apart three times and no such luck. I’ve now come to accept that it’s officially gone.

As I was looking, I made the major mistake of listening in to my otherwise favorite radio station over on XM. It’s called “The Coffee House,” and let me tell you, they were playing some pretty sad little ditties.

By the time I had finished listening to an acoustic interpretation of “Stand by Me,” Tracy Chapman’s wondrous hit “Fast Car” started to play and I gotta tell you, I nearly lost it.

Then, I heard this song called “The Cape” by a man they call Eric Bibb, and I really did lose it. I know it’s just an MP3 player, but I really miss the little thing.

I started to get all sentimental. I started to think about all the incredible music that tiny object of my affection housed. And I can’t get over it.

Tonight, while you’re listening to the sweet auditory bliss that your ipod so unselfishly gives you, remember me and my great loss.

Here’s to hoping it turns up in an unexpected way on an unexpected day.

Yours,
katie beth






No comments:

Post a Comment