15 February 2010

it's high time you knew this.

Once again, let me tell you how much I like you coming onto this blog and taking a few moments out of your day to read what I’ve got to say. It means more than you could imagine.

Here’s the topic I’ve been thinking about: T-Swift. That’s another way to say Taylor Swift, but I’m sure you’ve already figured that out. At any rate, I’ll bet you’re tired of hearing people talk about her. Maybe you like her, maybe you don’t, but here’s the thing: I don’t get it.

Believe me, I’ve tried to understand the phenomena that is Taylor Swift, but, alas, I remain confused. Okay, I guess it's sort of cutsie the way she bedazzles Taylors -which, I get it: her name is Taylor....and she plays a Taylor.


((((collective "aw, that's so cute!")))))

I think that's one of the things that bugs me the most. Quit tryin to trick out the Taylor. Those things are pretty perfect on their own. Sure, I think she’s alright, but I don’t think it’s anything real super special. And guess what, I’ve heard super special and T-Swift ain’t it.

The worst part is that, despite the fact that I have gone to great lengths to try and avoid her music, I still somehow know all of the choruses to all of her singles, and it’s just about the most depressing thing that’s happened to me in years.

[except for that one song "Fifteen." that's some emotional stuff right there.]

So, I’ve decided to take a look at her musical musings and I’ve arrived at the conclusion that almost everything has something to do with a fairy tale. That shit don’t fly here. In response to her music, I thought about how her songs might sound if some other thing was singing them. Like, maybe if the fairy tale she was writing about was about two star-crossed frogs.

don’t ask, just sing.

the following lyrics are set to T-Swift’s smash hit “You Belong With Me.” hope you like it.

I’m just a frog sittin here on this lily pad
You’re lookin at me from across the pond - that’s rad.
Hey, what ya doin with a frog like that?
Don’t you know her reputation’s whack?

She jumps real high,
I can’t swim.
She catches all the flies,
I wonder where that tongue’s been;
Dreamin ‘bout the day when you hop up and find
That what you’re croakin for has been here the whole time;

If you could see that I’m the frog that understands you
All this time, how could you not know, Froggie-ee-ee,
You should croak with me-ee-ee?
You should croak with me.

Taylor Swift: your song has never sounded better.
Kermit: I feel honored to have you on this blog. Especially with you lookin all gangster and such.

Yours,
katie beth
















No comments:

Post a Comment