23 February 2010

an ode to annoyances.

The following is a list of things that are getting on my nerves. So much so, that I’ve made a list of things getting on my nerves. Then I provided ways to alleviate all of us from these annoying things happening in our everyday lives:

1. I am sick and tired of pictures popping up on my Facebook homepage of people taking pictures of themselves. quit it. I know what you look like and it’s obvious that you do, too.
SOLUTION: people who have albums on Facebook solely dedicated to pictures of their faces and nothing else -you know, they’ve got titles like “Just Me!” and “OMG! IT’S MY FACE!”- need to stick those faces in a pit filled with toxic fumes and slowly inhale.

2. I am sick and tired of people only asking “Will this be on the test?” while in a class.
SOLUTION: pull your head out of you ass and stop worrying about the test and try your hand at actually learning something. teachers don’t become teachers to stand around and teach you their test, well, at least not the good ones.

3. I am sick and tired of lame music getting way too much credit.
SOLUTION: quit purchasing i-tunes of people whose songs get played on the Disney Channel.

4. I am sick and tired of that dog-from-hell invention that you people call “Farmville.”
SOLUTION: IT’S NOT REAL!

5. I am sick and tired of pathetic plots in movies. I see the same damn storyline.
SOLUTION: take your date elsewhere.

6. I am sick and tired of that commercial that gets played over and over here in East TN. You know, that one where the guy says, “Johnson City Honda. Johnson City.”
SOLUTION: flip off your TV set and shake your head while saying: “no shit, Sherlock. where the hell else would it be?”

7. I am sick and tired of ALWAYS getting stuck behind a Virginia driver.
SOLUTION: I don’t have one yet. it’s still in development. let me know if you have any grand ideas.

8. I am sick and tired of Fox News.
SOLUTION: do the right thing and adopt the life of a Liberal. it’s a lot more fun.

9. I am sick and tired of know-it-alls.
SOLUTION: shut up.

10. I am sick and tired of saying “I am sick and tired.”
SOLUTION: this list is now over.

okay, kids. study up and get those number 2 pencils ready…there will be a test.

Yours,
katie beth

Wait- this post isn’t over because I want you to know one more thing (consider it extra credit if you get it right) I will never grow sick and tired of hearing/saying “that’s what she said.”

I know you’re probably real sick of it, and I had a friend one time tell me that I sounded like an obnoxious frat boy for sayin’ it, but here’s what: I ain’t gonna quit.

Some phrases are just legends. And that’s a thing that they can’t help.

So, here’s to you, Michael Scott. I love when you do it on Thursday nights.
…that’s what she said.































No comments:

Post a Comment